sulabh swatchh bharat

Thursday, 21-March-2019

Assam Mega Mission

Guwahati| Chief Minister’s Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY), a mega mission to double farmers income in Assam by 2022, will be formally launched on Sunday.

The first meeting of Governing Council of Mega Mission Society for Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (MMS-CMSGUY) was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in the CM's Conference Hall last evening.

The meeting discussed constitution of various missions, convergence of their activities, future programs, sourcing of funds, methodology of execution of schemes, flow of funds, hierarchy etc. The Chief Minister impressed upon all concerned to make this dream project a grand success.

Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that by the end of the current financial year, the society will have Rs 1500 crore.

CMSGUY is a very huge Mission for doubling the farm income of each village by 2021-22. It is proposed that the mission will invest Rs 30,000 crore in next four years to achieve its targets.

The Mega Mission will be assisted by Individual Missions. Chief Minister Sonowal asked all the ministers to constitute the respective Missions within this month and launch activities with due diligence urgently. The Chief Minister emphasised that activities should benefit the farmers directly and double their farm income.

Officials said the objective of the mission will be achieved through “saturation model” by covering each revenue village through focused intervention in direct economic activities, logistic support including market linkages and community support.

There are 25,425 villages (2011 Census) in Assam.

The planned investment is about Rs 1.20 crore per revenue village. The total requirement for the Mission is Rs 30,000 crore over a period of five years.

The Finance Minister said that 10 per cent of the total proposed investment will be in the form of community resources such as land, man-days and the remaining 90 per cent will be from the State resources.